Risotto with Yogurt & Peas
April 17, 2019
- 2 cups low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2-to-3-inch) piece Parmesan rind
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Step 1 Bring the chicken broth, 3 1/2 cups water and the cheese rind to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 2 Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Discard the rind.
- Step 4 Keep warm.
- Step 5 Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 6 Add the shallots and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Step 7 Add the rice and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes.
- Step 8 Add the wine and cook, stirring, until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Step 9 Add 1/2 cup warm broth and stir constantly until absorbed.
- Step 10 Repeat, adding the broth in 1/2-cup increments and stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is just tender and creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Step 11 Add the peas and stir until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Step 12 Remove from the heat.
- Step 13 Combine the parsley, chives and marjoram in a bowl.
- Step 14 Add all but 1 tablespoon of the herbs to the risotto along with the grated Parmesan and yogurt.
- Step 15 Stir vigorously until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Step 16 Divide the risotto among bowls.
- Step 17 Top with the reserved herbs and more Parmesan.