September 13, 2018
: 6 servings
- 5 potatoes, peeled
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8–10 slices ham
- 7–8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Slice the peeled potatoes into 1/2-inch slices.
- Step 3 Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, tossing them to make sure they’re coated evenly.
- Step 4 Press a layer of potatoes evenly into the bottom of a greased, square baking pan.
- Step 5 Place half of the ham slices evenly on top of the potatoes, followed by half of the sliced cheese.
- Step 6 Follow with another layer of potatoes, then the remaining ham and sliced cheese.
- Step 7 Sprinkle the bacon and parsley evenly on top of the sliced cheese, and place one final layer of potatoes on top.
- Step 8 Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes, and then press it into an even layer.
- Step 9 In a small bowl, mix the heavy cream and eggs.
- Step 10 Pour on top of the shredded cheese.
- Step 11 Bake for about 40 minutes, until the cheese is a deep golden brown.
- Step 12 Cool slightly, slice, and then serve.