Potato Bacon Soup
May 7, 2019
: 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, or to taste
- Step 1 Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 2 Cook and stir onion until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Add potatoes, water, dill weed, salt, and pepper to onion.
- Step 4 Bring to a boil.
- Step 5 Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender and water is almost all evaporated, at least 30 minutes.
- Step 6 Stir milk and bacon bits into potato mixture.
- Step 7 Bring to a boil.
- Step 8 Remove from heat and stir parsley into soup.