Philly Cheese Meatloaf
September 19, 2018
: 4-5 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Several dashes salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 In a skillet, sauté the onion and pepper in the oil until tender.
- Step 3 Combine these veggies with the remaining ingredients except the cheese in a bowl.
- Step 4 Place half of this mixture into a greased loaf pan and top with 3 of the slices of provolone cheese.
- Step 5 Repeat so you have two meat-cheese layers.
- Step 6 Bake for 45 minutes (the internal temperature of the meat should reach 165 degrees F).
- Step 7 Allow the meatloaf to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.