September 19, 2018
: 4 servings
- 8 ounces whole-wheat thin spaghetti, vermicelli or angel hair
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pitted chopped Spanish or Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Step 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- Step 2 While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Step 3 Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Step 4 Add the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano and crushed red pepper to the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Step 5 Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Step 6 Stir in the arugula and simmer for 1 minute more, until the greens wilt slightly.
- Step 7 When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet, tossing it with the sauce to combine.
- Step 8 Top with grated cheese.