Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
September 16, 2018
: 6 servings
- 4 to 5 pounds broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves (about 12 leaves)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks.
- Step 3 Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 8 cups of florets.
- Step 4 Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Step 5 Toss the garlic on the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons olive oil.
- Step 6 Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- Step 8 Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan, and basil.