Lemon Mushroom Orzo
September 11, 2018
: 12 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1 Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Step 3 Add mushrooms.
- Step 4 Cook and stir until tender and lightly browned.
- Step 5 Drain orzo.
- Step 6 In a large bowl, place orzo, mushroom mixture, pecans, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil
- Step 7 Toss to combine.