Grilled Pork Tenderloin
September 19, 2018
: 4 servings
- 1 whole pork tenderloin, approximately 1 pound
- 1 lime, zest finely grated
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Step 1 Trim the pork tenderloin of any excess fat and silver skin.
- Step 2 Place the lime zest, lime juice, honey, salt, and granulated garlic in a small, lidded jar and shake to combine.
- Step 3 Pour half of the marinade mixture into a 1-gallon resealable bag, add the chipotle pepper, and move around to combine.
- Step 4 Add the pork tenderloin to the bag and seal, removing as much air as possible and place in a container to catch any leaks.
- Step 5 Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, rotating the bag halfway through the time.
- Step 6 Place the remaining marinade in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Step 7 Remove the tenderloin from the bag and allow to sit at room temperature while preparing the grill.
- Step 8 Remove the reserved marinade from the refrigerator.
- Step 9 Fill a large chimney starter with natural lump charcoal and light.
- Step 10 Once the charcoal is ashy and white, approximately 30 minutes, dump the hot charcoal onto the lowest grate of the grill and spread into an even layer using extra-long tongs.
- Step 11 Place the cooking grate back on the grill and cover with the lid.
- Step 12 Heat the grate to medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 13 Brush the grill with canola oil.
- Step 14 Remove the tenderloin from the bag and place in the center of grate.
- Step 15 Discard bag with marinade.
- Step 16 Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- Step 17 Remove the tenderloin from the grill and place on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil folded at the edges to create a basket, and pour on the reserved marinade.
- Step 18 Wrap tightly and rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 19 Remove to a cutting board and slice.
- Step 20 Garnish with cilantro and serve.