Greek Spinach Dip
September 20, 2018
: 2 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped shallots
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Step 2 Add shallots, onions, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Step 3 Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Using a slotted spoon, scoop spinach into a food processor.
- Step 5 Pulse until roughly puréed, about 5 pulses.
- Step 6 Add remaining ingredients except pepper, pulse once just to combine, then season to taste with pepper.