September 21, 2018
: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- Step 2 Add the bulgur and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Step 3 Drain.
- Step 4 Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Step 5 Prepare a medium bowl of ice water.
- Step 6 In a small pot of salted boiling water, blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Step 7 Transfer to the ice bath to cool.
- Step 8 Drain, coarsely chop and transfer to a food processor.
- Step 9 Pulse the asparagus until finely chopped.
- Step 10 In a large bowl, combine the asparagus with the bulgur, tomato, parsley, green onions, mint, olive oil and lemon juice and toss.
- Step 11 Season with salt and pepper.