Asparagus & Jack Cheese Frittata
March 30, 2019
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Step 1 Heat the broiler to high and arrange rack in upper third.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, salt, and freshly ground black pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Step 3 In a large ovenproof frying pan, heat the oil and the butter over medium-high heat.
- Step 4 When it foams, add asparagus, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Stir in the cilantro.
- Step 6 Reduce heat to low, pour in egg mixture, and cook until a 1-inch border of egg mixture is firm, about 3 minutes. (The center of the frittata will not be set at this point.)
- Step 7 Place the pan in oven and broil until some spots are browned and eggs are just set, about 2 minutes.
- Step 8 Cut into wedges and serve with a side salad. It can be served warm or at room temperature.