Jicama Cole Slaw
September 21, 2018
: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup candied pecan halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon agave sweetener
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, sliced into 1/2-inch matchsticks (about 1 cup)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch matchsticks
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Spread the candied pecans on a small baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Set aside.
- Step 4 Combine the yogurt, cilantro, mayonnaise, lemon juice and agave sweetener in a medium mixing bowl.
- Step 5 Whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Step 6 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Combine the yogurt dressing with the jicama, apples and cucumbers.
- Step 8 Toss and make sure everything is evenly dressed.
- Step 9 Add the pecans and toss to combine.
- Step 10 Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Step 11 Serve immediately or at room temperature.