Big Tomato Soup
September 16, 2018
: 11 cups
- 1 28-ounce can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 26-ounce can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 32-ounce container chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped fresh parsley, basil, chives, rosemary, croutons, freshly grated Parmesan cheese or grated lemon rind
- Step 1 Pulse 1 (28-oz.) can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until finely diced.
- Step 2 Stir together tomatoes, 1 (26-oz.) can tomato soup, undiluted, 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper in a Dutch oven.
- Step 3 Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Step 4 To serve, top the soup with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle it with chopped fresh parsley. Other tasty additions include chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh chives, chopped fresh rosemary, croutons, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and grated lemon rind.