Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies
September 12, 2018
: 3 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts or almonds
- Step 1 In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, orange zest and vanilla.
- Step 2 Combine flour and baking powder.
- Step 3 Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Step 4 Mix well.
- Step 5 Fold in nuts.
- Step 6 Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Step 7 Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Step 8 Flatten slightly with a greased glass.
- Step 9 Bake at 400 degrees F. for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Step 10 Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Step 11 If using unsalted macadamia nuts, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the dough.