January 30, 2019
: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Heat the oil and 2 tablespoons white wine in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Step 2 Add chicken and sauté about 4 to 6 minutes each side, until golden.
- Step 3 Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Step 4 Sauté garlic in pan drippings for 30 seconds, then add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Step 5 Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Step 6 Lower heat, add 1/2 cup white wine and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Step 7 Add thyme and basil and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Step 8 Return chicken to skillet and cover.
- Step 9 Cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Step 10 Add olives and parsley to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 11 Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.