Caramel Apple Cupcakes
September 30, 2018
: 1 dozen
- 1 package spice or carrot cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 20 caramels
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 wooden skewers (4-1/2 inch)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 Line 12 jumbo muffin cups with paper liners.
- Step 3 Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions.
- Step 4 Fold in apples.
- Step 5 Fill prepared cups three-fourths full.
- Step 6 Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Step 7 Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- Step 8 Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Step 9 In a small saucepan, cook caramels and milk over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Step 10 Spread over cupcakes.
- Step 11 Sprinkle with pecans.
- Step 12 Insert a wooden skewer in each.