Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic Chiles & Anchovies
September 22, 2018
: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2-ounce can oil-packed anchovies, oil reserved
- 3 red jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed marjoram leaves
- 24 baby lamb rib chops (about 3 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the anchovy oil and jalapeños.
- Step 2 On a cutting board, chop the anchovies with the garlic, mint and marjoram until minced and add to the bowl.
- Step 3 Arrange the lamb chops in a baking dish, top with the marinade and turn to coat.
- Step 4 Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Step 5 Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Step 6 Light a grill.
- Step 7 Scrape the marinade off the lamb and season the chops with salt and black pepper.
- Step 8 Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, about 6 minutes.
- Step 9 Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.