Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Balsamic
September 22, 2018
: 4-6 servings
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, wiped of any dirt, washed and quickly dried, if necessary
- Step 1 Preheat the grill.
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, toss the garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and some salt.
- Step 4 Wrap the garlic cloves in foil and place on the tray in the center of the oven.
- Step 5 Cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Step 6 In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic with 3/4 cup of the olive oil and the mustard.
- Step 7 In a medium bowl, toss the mushrooms in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Step 8 Season with salt.
- Step 9 Place them, stem-side up, on the hottest part of the grill.
- Step 10 Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, you may see liquid starting to emerge from the stem area.
- Step 11 Flip to the other side and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 12 Transfer them to a tray and place in the center of the oven.
- Step 13 Cook until they are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, an additional 12 to 15 minutes.
- Step 14 Season them lightly with salt.
- Step 15 Remove the garlic from the oven.
- Step 16 Squeeze the garlic pulp out from their skins and whisk it vigorously into the dressing.
- Step 17 Arrange the mushrooms on a serving platter and top with the dressing.