Ancho Chile Marinade
September 19, 2018
: 1 cup
- 2 ounces dried Ancho chiles
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Step 1 Soak dried chiles overnight in water until soft.
- Step 2 Remove seeds add all ingredients, except chicken to a food processor, puree until smooth.
- Step 3 When using this marinade, spread marinade over 4 chicken breasts (or meat of choice) and refrigerate at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours.
- Step 4 Salt to taste.
- Step 5 Grill until done.
- Step 6 Garnish with fresh cilantro